Brice Co. completed the following transactions in 2016, the first year of operation:
1. Issued 40,000 shares of no-par common stock for $10 per share.
2. Issued 8,000 shares of $20 par, 6 percent, preferred stock for $20 per share.
3. Paid a cash dividend of $9,600 to preferred shareholders.
4. Issued a 10 percent stock dividend on no-par common stock. The market value at the dividend declaration date was $12 per share.
5. Later that year, issued a 2-for-1 split on the shares of outstanding common stock. The market price of the stock at that time was $50 per share.
6. Produced $140,000 of cash revenues and incurred $72,000 of cash operating expenses.
7. Closed the revenue, expense, and dividend accounts to retained earnings.
a. Record each of these events in a horizontal statements model like the following one. In the Cash Flow column, indicate whether the item is an operating activity (OA), investing activity (IA), or financing activity (FA). Use NA to indicate that an element is not affected by the event.
b. Record the 2016 transactions in general journal form and post them to T-accounts.
c. Prepare the stockholders’ equity section of the balance sheet at the end of 2016.
d. Theoretically, what is the market value of the common stock after the stock split?