For the 10 activities listed below indicate whether each is likely to form part of the duties of the following roles:
(a) Management accountant
(b) Financial accountant
(c) Cost accountant
(d) None of the above.
1. Preparing a balance sheet.
2. Preparing a profit forecast by product line.
3. Estimating the depreciation expense for a factory’s equipment.
4. Monitoring the effects of a quality improvement program.
5. Estimating the cost of goods produced.
6. Estimating the cost of a prototype for a new product being developed.
7. Preparing a sales forecast.
8. Monitoring the effects of a waste reduction program.
9. Preparing a report on customer satisfaction.
10. Preparing an income statement.